Old 03-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #32
braz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcheun
Hello all

First and for most, as i previously stated before, make sure you're talking to "enterprise" support, NOT regular data or Service Support call centers. I remember having conflicting stories from both data and serve support and Enterprise solutions. Enterprise solutions are the ones that can properly support and validate any questions on the blackberry.

As for the what my phone has ill list them:

Device Software Version: 4.1.0.273
H/W version : 2
PRL Version 20219
Network Scan Mode: Automatic
Band Class: 1
CDMA Channel 75

I recentley spoke to my rep, and he said that while they have not publisized the launch of the EVDO (or cancled /delayed what they promised; send out a txt message that it was ready) he said that the network is active and ready to be used. He obviously said that alot of the techs are out there upgrading the networks to comply, and so like the days of 1xRTT upgrades to all cell sites, it'll be a while till areas and phones can be configulred or upgraded to 1xEV.

Otherwise, he also reassured that whoever is able to get the PRL updates to work, will be able to blaze on the EVDO speeds. He also mentioned the problems and while they are aware, he said that it's not uncommon that people are running into the problems of getting the PRL updates and he obviously said the common answer "just keep trying till it's successful" He said that he would get back to me about the tethering questions, but he said that if anything they will be offering similar options like what verizon has for their 7250's.

As you have suggested I finally got the correct # to Enterprise Support. I spoke to a great support guy FINALLY !

He tried his hardest to get my 7250 to take the PRL update but no go. He suggested that I take to phone into the local Sprint store so they can hard code the newest PRL update. And continued to say that if they cant get it to take request a new phone.

He showed me being on 10029 and said that is pretty old and that the newest 20219 will provide EVDO.

Off to the Sprint store at some point today.

braz