View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: BB Link: Does Anyone Have an Earlier Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
You need to check upgrades available at blackberry.com for your model and supported version from your carrier.
There is a model specific listing on the forum you can also try.
DONT experiment with the wrong version.

Also it's better to open your own thread to get a response next time.
Thanks for your input.

Two comments: "upgrades" are the problem! BB Link was working when using the previous versions. It has not worked correctly one single time since the "upgrade" was installed several weeks ago! The "upgrade" is worthless, and there has been no later version since the last one installed. There are many, many posts complaining of the same phenomenon on this and other BB sites, and even RIM's support site acknowledges the issue and states that there is no known solution at the present time. BB Link does not function now anyway, so what harm is there in trying to revert to an earlier version that I knew, for a fact, did function? Also, I'm not sure what you mean by opening my own thread to get a response. This is my own thread. Note the first post: it was I who started it.

It's just unfathomable. What my first BB did easily within a few seconds ten years ago...sync my Outlook Contacts and Calendar using BB Desktop Manager... is now an absolutely impossible task using BB Link. So much for "new and improved" advancement!

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)
Offline   Reply With Quote