Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
shox974
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ITC
Default Re: Bes 10 vs Lotus Traveler

Hi,

2)It is possible to install on a single virtual machine both the BES10 and a BES5 in order to manage every blackberry we have with a single server?
No you obligatory need 2 servers.

3)We use Lotus Domino and with the new Traveler version (9) Blackberry OS10 devices seem to be fully supported, so i think that it's quite normal to think "Why should i use BES10 when i already have Traveler?"
I know that traveler is only a basic mail tool but maybe it should be enough for us, where i can find a list of the most important things that i can do with the BES10 over Traveler?
To manage the device. You have to think that the BES10 if a Mobile Device management server now that provide you to manage all the security on your devices. Here the rpesentation
http://fr.blackberry.com/content/dam...-Datasheet.pdf

4)How difficult is the setup of a BES5 and BES10 server? I'm quite familiar with Lotus Domino administration and setup but i found our current BES server already up when i was hired and in these years i made just normal routine tasks on our devices.
Both are simple if you run it on a clean server and you follow very weel taks of pre-installation

Cheers.
Offline   Reply With Quote