Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
RunningWild

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Bes 10 vs Lotus Traveler

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings,
we have about 25 Blackberry devices in our company and we have a very very old BES server to manage them (BES release should be 4.1.4).
We would like to try new devices like Z10 or Q10 but we know that we need the new BES 10 in order to make them work, so i have some questions for the bes gurus:

1)As far as i know with BES10 we'll manage only the new devices and we'll have to keep the old Bes to manage "old" devices, can you confirm that?
2)It is possible to install on a single virtual machine both the BES10 and a BES5 in order to manage every blackberry we have with a single server?
3)We use Lotus Domino and with the new Traveler version (9) Blackberry OS10 devices seem to be fully supported, so i think that it's quite normal to think "Why should i use BES10 when i already have Traveler?"
I know that traveler is only a basic mail tool but maybe it should be enough for us, where i can find a list of the most important things that i can do with the BES10 over Traveler?
4)How difficult is the setup of a BES5 and BES10 server? I'm quite familiar with Lotus Domino administration and setup but i found our current BES server already up when i was hired and in these years i made just normal routine tasks on our devices.

Thank you!
Offline   Reply With Quote