WalkingToaster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Re: New Z10 user with some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
You can choose what you see in the hub by going to hub management >settings.
I know, but being able to filter out certain types of messages from the Hub doesn't help me to clear missed call alerts from the Hub. That's why I didn't mention it already- it's not relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Also when you open the phone app you can tap missed calls and see them. You don't have to go to the hub. Once you touch the number it's removed from notifications.
I know, but I don't want to clear missed call notifications from within the Phone app.

I am seeing my notifications in the Hub, so I should be able to clear them in the Hub. I pretty much use the Hub as my home screen actually (as do many other Z10 users I know- that's what it's supposed to be to some extent- a one-stop-notification-shop, so to speak).

It's idiosyncratic and arbitrary the way all notification types EXCEPT ONE (missed calls) can be cleared from within the Hub.

Why single that out like that? For some unknown reason, you have to go somewhere else to clear that notification type. Even WhatsApp offers an option to dismiss its alerts in the Hub, and that's a 3rd party app!!!

I'll break it down in case anyone still doesn't know what I'm getting at...

Unread text message: you can do a long press, then click "mark as read"

Unread email: you can do a long press, then click "mark as read"

Heck, even an unread WhatsApp message: you can do a long press, then click "mark as read"!

But want to clear your missed call alerts with the same ease and convenience?

Ohhh heeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll nooooooooooooooooooo!

You can try a long press, but it just shows a bunch of options except an equivalent "clear notification" option.

I don't see the design philosophy behind that.

Last edited by WalkingToaster; 04-15-2013 at 11:28 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote