View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #33
noremac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

to add more information.....

I just installed the new Parrot 3200LS (color) and paired it with my BB 7100g (Cingular, v4.0x). Here are the results:

1. Voice functionality and phone recognition/pairing are fine.
2. Signal strength meter on the Parrot is OK.
3. Battery level meter on the Parrot is random and usually does not work.
4. Sync'ing contacts from BB to Parrot does NOT work, as many others have observed. The issue apparantly is resolved with BB firmware v4.1x.
5. As with other Bluetooth devices, the volume level transmitted to the Parrot by the 7100 is inadequate. I hope to improve this by boosting the speaker install in my car later.

However, I created an end-around way to get contacts into the Parrot using a laptop with a Bluetooth adapter. It was a pain, but it works. I first created *.vcf files for each individual contact within Outlook (do this by File, Save As...). You MUST first edit each contact's telephone information and REMOVE all extraneous non-number characters. This means NO (), -, etc. Just the 10 numerical digits.

Then, using the Microsoft Xp bluetooth drivers (could not get to work with Toshiba driver), right click on each individual *.vcf file and Send To, Bluetooth device. Of course, you must pair your laptop with the Parrot first. The *.vcf files will be accepted by the Parrot and show up in it's local contact list. After that, you can assign voice tags and use VR for each.

Last edited by noremac; 02-21-2006 at 11:31 AM..