View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
shaughand

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Default BB Bold 9700 Password Headache

Please Login to Remove!

My wife had has a BB Bold 9700. (TMobile) Some how it got placed on a security setting that requires her to continually change her password. Unfortunately she has a lousy memory and is constantly getting locked out of her own phone.

Personally I find this more than just a little amusing....but it's driving her out of her mind.

Is there an easy way to take this device back to it's default settings without losing all her contacts and saved data??

How can she backup the data without also saving the security setting she wants to eliminate??

Is there a way to eliminate this security feature all by itself. I can find nowhere in settings that allows me to make this change. When I go to settings>options>security options> I get the following list:

Advance Security Options
Encryption
Firewall
Information
Security Wipe

None of these directed me to an opportunity to change the password setting or password security feature.

Under settings>options>password the first option is Password: and it shows enabled/locked. I can do nothing with it there but change to a new password.

What we want is to go back to a normal factory setting for the password.

Thanks in advance for your help with this. When answering please don't assume I know what I am doing. That would be an over estimation of my ability. Step by step....slowly I go.

Last edited by shaughand; 02-11-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote