View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
ninrick

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Bold 9700 white broken screen

Hi,

First just want to say I'm not being lazy with this post, have searched youtube, google and here at length, and this problem is not going away no matter what i try.

So, my screen has gone white, which seems to be a common problem. I don't know why it happened. One minute it was working fine, then (and this I haven't seen anywhere else) for the briefest moment a logo appeared at the top, think it was a tick in a light blue box, then screen faded. I did a standard battery pull and it loaded up as normal, but a few mins later it faded again.

Got home, took it apart, googled etc. Found that a white screen, with pink/green too, seemed to be a broken screen. Oh yeah, red light at top was still working an dlaptop recognised it, which also indicated it was just the screen.

First, i linked it to my laptop and backed everything up then tried downloading the latest software. made no difference.

Decided I'd have to get a new screen, so ordered it, went on youtube to find out how to take it apart, did so, and now just put the new screen in (def the right screen - checked the numbers on the back etc). I just turned it on expecting that to be the end of it, but it was white again - this time with two firm horizontal lines, blue/black. Left it a few minutes and now it's an all white screen that fades to a blueish colour.

One more thing, the little white tabs (litmus paper or something, I read) are both still white, so it's not water damage.

I've already spent £20 replacing the screen really don't wanna spend any more, and my contract doesn't run out until september so desperately need a fix.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this regardless of whether you can help. And to anyone that has any suggestions will be glad to hear them.

Cheers,

Rick
Offline   Reply With Quote