Old 09-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
adamreadholloway

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02
Default Need some help/advice

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

I am a completely new blackberry user. I converted from the iphone 4 about a week ago as I was tired of being charged stupid amounts a month just to have an iphone.
A few friends have blackberry's and said to give it a try and I did! I have the bold 9900.

Now, as a new user I really don't understand half of the phone yet, but I do have a few niggles.
Mainly with text messages. 90% of the time I get half of the text with something after saying [Receiving text] Then about an hour later I will receive the rest of the text... Extremely annoying!? I have a read a few people saying this is an OS issue, and to update.

If I try and update through the phone, it says it's all up to date. From what I can work out my version is as follows;

7.0 bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296, Platform 5.0.0.496)

Is there a further update to this that can rectify the issue? If so, how do I go about getting/installing. I did read a sticky on the forum about an update, but I'm not sure if it's the right/newer version or not, and it also said it was a New Zealand download. (I'm UK).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by adamreadholloway; 09-06-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote