View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #13
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Forum Consensus on Device Updates

I really appreciate all the great information. My basic concern is that I don't want to loose even one small aspect of what I have but mainly battery-life. I went through hell constantly upgrading the Curve as it seemed each update added features but it was always a compromise, like I lost speaker volume and battery life.

I am shocked at how long the battery lasts in this thing, up to 3 days if I leave the location service off. And it has never given me one single problem. True, I may be totally unaware of cool new features but you don't miss what you don't know even exists. I guess .246 is about a year old now and my "Desktop" software keeps hammering me with "Updates Required for your Device" and I just click past them. I guess I am looking for someone to say that some particular update has been out a while, it is very solid and without issues, and it's a very good idea to step up to it.

Both my wife's and my phone are not "modified" in any way except for the addition of Google maps and maybe one or two other small apps, so, I would think an update should go without a hitch. I know there is always a little gambling involved but I don't want to pick an update that anyone knows has issues in it.