Old 05-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
jabxyz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Leather Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
It's funny that people clamor for a tablet to break free from their laptop and then clamor for a mouse and keyboard to make the tablet behave more like a laptop.

Odd.
If I were looking to break free of a laptop then, yes, the search for a case with a foldable BT keyboard would be odd. My hunt is to minimize weight and the quantity of gear that I carry around. In order to shave weight in my carry on I have dropped the size of my laptops from 14 to 11 and now a netbook. I think I might be able to shave another pound with a Playbook/foldable BT keyboard combo. However I would only go that route if I can avoid violating my second rule, thou shalt not carry more crap than one can possibly avoid. If the keyboard is a built in part of the case then fine but if it is another loose piece of gear this setup probably won't work, i.e. Playbook as a shaved down netbook replacement. That's why no interest in a mouse. The screen size of the Playbook will allow me to really read docs and spreadsheets attached to email. The keyboard gives me that extra step up from either my Torch or my Bold, the ability to place comments in or edit a doc or a spreadsheet on the fly. That added feature would give me the added productivity that for me would justify the purchase of the Playbook. That is why I carry any piece of gear, it allows me to keep moving and be productive and at the same time it will help me keep others on the team that support me productive while I'm away from my desk , often, and on the move.

Last edited by jabxyz; 05-13-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote