Old 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #27
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Playbook observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
Yeah.. who did you think they are? Apple?

(for the record.. I'm not an Apple owner or user but you have to admit, their products are very well refined and easy to use when they launch them.)
I've been an Apple user since 1990 and I can say first-hand that they definitely DO NOT get everything right straight out of the box! I love their stuff and they do eventually get it right, and they make some of the slickest kit out there, but buying a 1st generation anything from Apple is like playing Russian Roulette.

PlayBook has been out what, a week? How about we give them a chance for a couple apps and maybe even a software update before we declare this tablet DOA, hmm? This is one HELL of a first effort. The OS runs smoothly and lag-free. I had no trouble pairing my 9650 with the demo PlayBook at Staples and using it for a solid hour last weekend. It's exactly what RIMM said it would be. I'm still on the fence about getting one as I already have a couple Kindle's and an iPad. But the more I think about it the more I'm probably going to grab one.
Offline   Reply With Quote