View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #46
doaneramma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9100
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Got one? How is it?!

I have not gotten one yet (as I'm trying to win one through work :P ) but I have to dissagree with some points about the bridge, and still agree with others. The whole no BBM on a wifi only device makes sence. Since it has no PIN or back end push support it would make BBM another Windows Live style service: Only works when logged in or connected. And even then, are you going to give your BBM people 2 contacts? One for your BB and one for your PB? No. I'd rather just link my BBM to my playbook, and have it swap back to my phone when I'm not. Same with other messaging services. Let the Playbook be an extension of my BB. I think thats what RIM was thinking; seemless and wireless integration with your existing BB device. The way it sits now, plus the way it was launched, I don't think they had any intention of launching the non-3g model as a stand alone unit like iPad. Once we see the 3G/4G (sorry, still think its silly this whole rebranding of 4G) model I can see all these apps and services coming to be as now it's part of the BB wireless world. I would like to see independant storage of my contacts and maybe a basic IMAP/POP email client, but as long as my BB is within 30 feet or so, its not gonna kill me to have have the bluetooth connected.

Anyway thats my $0.02 I am playing with one here at work and otherwise think its a great extension to my BB. Kinda like the webtop on my Atrix.

Last edited by doaneramma; 04-20-2011 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Spelling and grammar.
Offline   Reply With Quote