Old 04-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
nbuk

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BES 5 SRP Change

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all..

Long time lurker but first time poster so be gentle!

Using the migration tools, I have just completed a migration of our BB infrastructure from BES 4.1.5 to BES 5.02 (MR3) in our Domino environment

I was given 3 temporary SRP Keys to apply to the new BES Servers, and now I have completed the migration, plan to move the permanent SRP Keys from the old environment to the new BES 5 Servers.

My concern is this:
We have a number of users in remote offices that have had problems receiving Service Books. For these users, we have had to wait until they are in a region with a stable telco before migrating them to ensure they receive these service books and so can continue to send and receive mail from their device.

I am aware that when I change the SRP Key details, the BES will want to push the new SRP keys to the Blackberry devices via the Service books.

What will become of those users that do not receive the new Service Books?
Will their devices still work if they have not received them?

I have been advised that SB updates occur every 4 hours for 7 days until confirmed, but I am unsure what would happen if a users device is on but can't fully receive the SBs..

This was completely overlooked, and with our Temp SRP keys due to expire on 11th April, I am looking at ways of minimising the damage!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..
Offline   Reply With Quote