Thread: calendar
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: calendar

Here is what I do. I don't use facebook, don't use google apps, and I do not have any email accounts in BIS set to synchronize contacts or calendar. Calendar entries are only modified by me on the handset or via sync with Outlook using Desktop Manager.

If you have multiple email accounts linked to your BIS account you will have multiple calendars. Decide which of these you want to be the default. You will probably want to use the address that you have configured Outlook to use. If you have configured Outlook to access more than one email account, then use the address that you have set to be the default service in Outlook.

Now, on the BlackBerry, open options > advanced options > default services. Set the default CICAL and default CMIME to the address you want to use as default.

New calendar entries on the BlackBerry will automatically go into this calendar unless you purposely use a different calendar. Accepted calendar invites will go into this calendar. This is the calendar that will sync with Outlook via Desktop Manager.

Now, you may have calendar entries scattered in other calendars. To consolidate all data in the default, do the following: Open calendar. Open calendar options. Highlight each of the other calendars in turn, and type move. You will be prompted about moving all entries in that calendar to the default (or maybe it will say base or system calendar). Press yes or ok. Repeat for the other calendars except the default calendar.

You are now ready to sync with Outlook. You still have to decide how to reconstruct your calendar, but you are ready to sync as soon as you've figured out what to do on that score.

My advice is to at least figure out how to decouple the facebook app from your calendar, or delete the app, and stop using the google sync unless you really need it, or until you figure out what went wrong and how to stop it going wrong. But follow the above for simple use of the native calendar app and Desktop Manager sync with Outlook.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote