View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #27
CrazyChili

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Get Your Unlocked 9800 Torch Working on TMobile with Browser, UMA and DM Tetherin

Hey everybody,
I just purchased the torch, despite reading many mixed reviews. I was a bit hesitant but am super happy that i did, its a fantastic device. I am a former owner of the samsung galaxy android and was not very happy with it.

Anyway, i have been trying to get this UMA working and was having problems. I would put in the commands for the UNC server and the SEGW thing, rebooted the device many times and tried a whole bunch of different things to get it to work, going over everything over and over again making sure i got it right. Nothing was happening.

Finally i decided to use the other certificate, there are two of them, and it worked instantly. So just keep that in mind everybody if you are stuck like i was at that step.

Also to unlock that engineering screen with that code generator, try to play with it, every keystroke generates a new code, and sometimes it helps to reset and start over, if it means leaving the web page or refreshing the help screen, as that upload time will change. but it will work eventually.

***Almost gave up, cause i thought it wasnt going to work, but stick to it and you will succeed!***

Thanks for the help everybody
Offline   Reply With Quote