Old 01-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
anw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB Simulator Won't Start

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using Eclipse Helios and the latest BB plugin, and I have just loaded it. I launched my app for a test run, which uses the ContactList select method, with the 8830 4.5 simulator and got to that point (where the user should select a contact), and, since there were no contacts in the list and I didn't feel like adding one, I just hit the middle (select?) button (which normally would have selected a contact) to jump back to my program, which should have then thrown an exception.

Instead, the 8830 simulator just exited. Ever since that first time, the simulator won't even start. The simulator window with the image comes up, the little hour glass rotating with the text "Debugger Attaching", then just goes away. I have cleaned the simulator and cleaned my project (both via the menu items in Eclipse). Here are some further symptoms:

1. In the "Debug" window, there is nothing but:
Quote:
<terminated>8830 [BlackBerry Simulator]
<disconnected>RIM JVM[localhost:8000]
2. There is nothing in the "Error Log", and the "Problems" view only has the Java warning my app generated (not signed & some variables not used, awaiting further code to be added).

3. The "Console" contains only:
Quote:
No debug information found for 'SecurIDLib' (456c5107).
[0.0] VM:-DA 0
I was trying this as a quickie test and must now go to a prior appointment, but will try other simulators when I come back to this to see if they have the same problem. In the meantime, I sure would appreciate any insight.

Of course, I will post code if that helps, but the simulator is never even getting to the startup screen, much less running my code (just to verify, because I'm superstitious, you know, I put a break point on the very first line of my code; it's never triggered, of course).