View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2-UK
Default 1 BlackBerry with 2 BES accounts? (and Gmail)

Please Login to Remove!

I was wondering if it was possible to set up 1 BlackBerry with 2 BES/BESX accounts simultaneously. I have seen some posts showing success but some of them are quite old (possibly old BES) and also a little cryptic...

What I would really like to achieve is the following:

1. Have my work BES account, complete with untouched IT policy, as my primary BES account (as it is now);
2. Replace my BIS Gmail with a BES/BESX solution, so that I can get properly synced Gmail and Calendar.

I would be really grateful for some advice about how to go about this, including:

1. Set up instructions for adding the 2nd BES/BESX account, starting hopefully from my current position which is the primary BES account already on there and left alone! (I am keen not to interfere in any way with my work email or security policies, just to improve the somewhat lacklustre Gmail experience I am getting...)

2. Any advice on what I need to get on the Google end - would I need a Google Apps account plus a Hosted BES solution? Is there a BESX cheaper alternative? I am an ordinary GMail user at the moment, but happy to consider getting an apps account and looking into a hosted solution if it is not prohibitively expensive.

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should add that I am on OS6.

Last edited by machiavell1; 12-29-2010 at 12:53 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote