View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #98
kichigai

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

I'm going to move away.

I've never owned smartphones with the same OS twice in a row. From WinMo 5/6 (T-Mobile Dash) to Symbian S60v3 (Nokia N73) to BlackBerry OS 4/5 (BlackBerry 8900). I own an iPod Touch (1st Generation, so I've seen all versions of iOS up until 4), so I know about what owning an iPhone would be like (and I've been on AT&T long enough to know I'm not ready to pay their higher carriage rates and receive about the same level service and worse customer service), so I might as well get an Android phone and experience the full gamut of phone OSes.

I've also been quite unimpressed with BlackBerry OS as a platform, and the applications developed for it. The only app I've come to really like is SocialScope. Everything else has frustrated me, because I can't do simple things I could do on my N73, like cropping photos (I haven't found a single app that not only claims to do this, but functions correctly). Performance is lackluster (at least on the 8900), memory management is unpredictable, applications are rarely innovative, apps don't seem to have the same level of attention and finesse applied to them as competing platforms get, and it's irritating that so many "apps" are just links to web pages.

I'm not writing off BlackBerry forever, but I want to try an Android phone, so maybe when BlackBerry OS 7 rolls around, I'll consider it again, but for now, I'm going to continue my adventure through various mobile platforms.
Offline   Reply With Quote