dararith.c
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: hello
Default Re: BlackBerry AppWorld is now really Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrinjones View Post
Ok, apologies if this has already been posted or known.

Thanks to an excellent article from our friends over at BlackBerry Cool | The voice of the BlackBerry community, you can now install the BlackBerry AppWorld application on your 8900 and 9000 device and have it work no matter which country you're in. I tested it yesterday and was able to install, browse and download with no issues whatsoever.

They say that the method only works for the 8900 and 9000, however, I've seen posts in the comments section about it working on 81xx and 83xx as well I believe. I am planning to try it out on a 88xx soon and post back.

I did not copy the files into the directory they were recommending, I just loaded them from the location I unzipped the files. Also, I did not have to do a battery pull or a soft reboot to get it working.

Here's the link with all the instructions and files you'll need, Download free apps from BlackBerry App World from any country | BlackBerry Cool

Let us know how it works for you and on what device.
I am in Cambodia and when i access to app world and it shows "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country. Please check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates." so it's still not yet avaiable in Cambodia right?

RG,
Dararith
Offline   Reply With Quote