MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post
I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that RIM is just going to gradually update their phones, play it safe and by 2012 you will probably see OS 7. I can only imagine how far behind they would be at that point.

when I think about a blackberry compared to an Iphone, it's like a pager compared to a cell phone at this point. RIM makes really smart pagers that happen to make calls and run a few apps. An iphone (or android) is a smartphone or personal computer in your pocket.

I mean invent like a 3 day battery life phone or some other gimmick because I really don't know what these guys are selling anymore for the same price as everything else.

Anyway it was fun while it lasted but unless RIM or carriers start giving these things away I can't see why anyone would want to pay 200 dollars for the latest BB. 200 dollars is a really expensive pager in my book.

i nsee your point and i agree agree with you from a business point of view . but as far as people wanting to leave RIM for other phones that will be a little harder to do . alot of people lilke rim because it does the job perfect and the way you need it done. i find the iphone to be a little weak in the business area and email . as for media its a great phone. i think everyone needs to ask themself before buying a phone what do i need it for the most . as for me i needed battery life instent email and the keyboard everything else came 2nd .

as far as rim falling behind everyone they are in a way, but to this day if your a professional your going to use a blackberry and i am not going to take anyone serious if they pull out a iphone : lol i mean to me i will see that he will get the email the min i send it to him and i can see that he might reply right away .

peope need to relize apple made a phone for the mass not just the business people. where rim start off for the business people and then expanded for the masses, and over all i feel they have done a great job at doing it with the curve and there hard work on the first storm and 2nd storm. i feel they could have made a major splash if the storm just had a touch screen like an iphone or the smasung galaxy and and keep the blackberry os . i think people would have really seen rim as a major player that can keep up with the game .

if Rim does come out with the blackpad or an blackberry pad and they play thgere cards correct apple can have some major issues. i think the next step for the cellphone market is that it should not be locked down to just that form factor something that has to be held in your hand . i would use the i pad as a cell phone at work if i was aple to use it as a phone . able to read full emails reply and talk on the phone via bluetooth headset and holding a nine inch screen then your talking about a major communcation device .

well thats my 2 cents . lol