View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #47
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default The Grass is not Greener...

I put Gmail and Hotmail through the BIS and neither one of those deliver the sync that Yahoo does. I was surprised about Gmail as it is IMAP. I did this while on the phone with RIM, we were testing things – he told me it wasn’t going to work – they don’t have “delete sync” with Gmail yet. If you are even reading this you know the specific part of the sync I am talking about…

Also, only Yahoo is that fast. As soon as that email hits the server you have it on the BB… And since there is “sound” from the BB - a lot of times it is the BB before the computer that tells me there is mail. There is no sound when email hits a web based mail account on the computer – and Outlook pulls at set configured times. Thus the BB lets me know immediately when there is Yahoo mail. Gmail and Hotmail (I am talking about through the BIS) were not as fast. Not even close. But that is my testing… bang away at it. You never know…

I have been so frustrated with certain things, let’s say “not going so well” that I have left BB to find another device that could meet “all” my needs. I am still holding a BB so that tells you how successful I have been. Even smartphones that have flash and multitasking don’t deliver email like the BB.

So I wait for Yahoo/BB to fix this because the grass is not greener on the other side…

But then again... people view "lawn" in different ways...???... (hee hee)...
Sandy
Offline   Reply With Quote