View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
richjb54

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmcnit View Post
I think you are right in checking the battery. The other thing I'd check would be the OS version..I know their are tremendous differences in the way the newest Storm OS performs compared to the original OS. I've been using 5.0.0.328 on mine and it has been great. I think, too, sometimes the radios can "freak out" and try and contact the cellular infrastructure repeatedly; draining the battery. Not much that I know of you can do about that if an OS update doesn't fix it If it isn't a battery issue, and no basic settings have changed such as backlight etc. and an OS update doesn't work, probably all you can do is warranty the phone.
Thanks. I also have OS5.0.0.328 and have since the day it came out. This just started happenning in the past two or three weeks. I deleted some apps I really didn't need and have changed the backlight to be minimal, but still goes from 60 to 0 in a reboot. New battery should be arriving in a couple days and we shall see if that works. If not, off to the Verizon store to convince a techie that the phone is an issue.
Offline   Reply With Quote