View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #44
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Toy, you make me laugh. BB does some aspects of mail better and it has better battery life, that's it. The iphone beats it on just about everything else. And for the record I use both a BB and an iphone.
Tasks, notes/memos, email, etc. The BB easily beats the iPhone in everything but media. The iPhone is an iPod with a cell radio. It's a media device and that's it. I have an iTouch if I decide I want to listen to media, but I never use it because my BB does everything I need it to.

Yes, it is just a toy and can't even come close to being a business device. It's just a consumer device. If it was a business device you'd see it passed out by corporations. In my extensive travels you only see the iPhone in the hands of consumers. In IT we have what we call power users. Those are owners who are efficient in how they operate, push their devices to the max, etc. We don't see those users with iPhones. We see people, like my wife and brother, with iPhones. They like to browse the web and listen to music, buy my coworkers use BBs because we need more out of our device. The iPhone email, syncing, and PIM sucks bad.

If the iPhone really beat the BB you'd get rid of it and modify your sig so it doesn't show how you go back to the BB.

Yes, I've tried the iPhone but returned it. It doesn't do anything my iTouch doesn't, which is much less than my BB. I've also tried the Droid, which I tried really hard to like, but it just lacks too much also. I think you'll see more and more people going to the Androids and leaving the iPhone. That's proof in that you can't find the new Incredible anywhere. It's rated above every phone, including the iPhone, on every site I've seen. I'll probably give the Incredible a chance and see if they've improved the OS yet. I have a lot of faith in Google.
Offline   Reply With Quote