Old 05-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #33
[IFC]Area51
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
I tried replacing any medialoader related cod files I had removed - basically the sample video and sample wallpapers - and I still can't open mp3s or videos.

Interestingly, the App World icon did not show up after the OS install. That didn't surprise me, since it is a common issue.

But after reinstalling App World, running it, and even installing something from it, the icon disappeared again after a battery pull. Seems like something just isn't sticking.

I don't have any way of checking current file associations, so I'm not sure if that's the problem, but the device is certainly acting like it. I've tinkered a little with module permissions to see whether that could be the cause, but no success yet.

Quite honestly, I've just installed xPlayer as a workaround. Sigh. The quest continues...
WOW, crazy that you had to install a third party replacement app, sorry to hear that.

I'm still trying different kinds of combination. Just for kicks, ill even try loading the other .680 variants from GeoCell, etisalat and Zain Jordan.

Good Luck.
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Offline   Reply With Quote