View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by memetic View Post
Sorry, but rule number 7 in the Terms and Conditions is not for me. I am actually rethinking the whole GPS on my phone idea. I am pretty sure I will be removing the GPS antenna and getting a dedicated GPS. I am not paranoid, but it freaks me out knowing that people can find, track, follow, record my location(s) without me knowing -- and it is common.
I really hope that by "removing the GPS antenna" you mean to go to Advanced Options and turn off your Location, I don't think its wise to chop the phone down.

While I agree a little with your paranoia, the bright side is that there are other apps or service that use this feature to recover your phone after you misplaced it or if it was stolen.

And I also agree with carrying only one device and my storm2 has already replaced my GPS, mp3, portable video player, laptop (for light web browsing and email), camera (great pictures!). And while the GPS is not turn by turn voice, I face the same problems as you but, I tend to use google maps 4 which at least provide voice searches and I memorize the next few turns or "exits" so I only look at the phone in some streetlight or anothe stop.

Good luck
Offline   Reply With Quote