Old 05-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #29
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
I am finding it great for surfing the web, which is what I bought a net book for last summer. The net book is way too slow, though, and I'm not using it. The ipad isngreat for that - very snappy.

I am finding (obvious?) limitations with it, which could be due to the relative 'newness' of the apps. For instance, in gmail I can't view pics embedded in a long email (when I scroll past what I can initially see when opening the email the remaining email is completely blank).

I also just bought (well, work bought) the iWorks suite - Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - to evaluate and test interoperability with Office apps. The reviews I've read on them are not at all favorable in that respect.

I absolutely agree with your findings the iPad def has some limits but at the end it does excite a lot of the things that I need pretty well. Overall it has replaced my laptop and I have been able to find workaround the limits by using 3rd party software . I m using docs to go which has been working pretty well so it is not to bad .

What I would really like to see is all the people who are writing all the negative posts have they owned one or have they just played with one in a store. I mean I thought the iPad was going to suck in the beginning but it really blew me away when started to really, use it day to day and see what's going on with it . Netbooks are going to get a run for there money . And most laptops .