View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
opfer

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default BB Curve 8520 constant boot screen. Not connecting to Desktop Software. Mac OSX

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I am completely new to BB, I just got my 8520 today which makes this problem even more frustrating. I will describe it in as much detail as possible here:

After I first started up my BB I went through the setup wizard. I set up the settings including email (gmail) and wifi. When I was done with the wizard I checked my messages. One of them asked me if I wanted to install a gmail app. I clicked the link and went thorugh the download proccess. When It finished (or at least I assumed it had finished) I pressed the "back button" on my BB. This is where something went wrong. I got an error message saying something along the line of "app error xxx reset". After that it reset itself, but it dosen't actually restart, it just stays in the boot screen with the little black clock. I am using a mac and I have installed the software, but it wont connect. The program says "waiting for device to start up", "connecting" and "device update failed". After that the BB restarts and the cycle repeats itself. If the BB is not connected to the mac it stays in the boot screen indefinitely as far as I've seen so far.

Would appreciate any solutions, help or advice on this problem.

Thank you!
Offline   Reply With Quote