View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
brokeberry

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Cannot update 8350i OS Just Error 507

Please Login to Remove!

ok, so I have an 8350i that didn't SMS and I read that a software update would give me joy. I download Desktop Manager 5 and version 4.6.1.313 from both blackberry and sprint (don't know if there is a difference).

I ran through the handheld update and it goes through the Load JVM and System Software, re-initilaizes, reads application config then tries to load the application.

When it starts to load "net_rim_cldc.cod" the blackberry turns off and the update doesn't happen and I get a lovely 507 error. the blackberry turns off at this point EVERY time.

After the 8350 turns on the pin is recognized but can't stay on during the update process.

This happens with both the sprint version and the blackberry version. The phone worked before this software update so i'm a little miffed.

Desktop Manager recognizes the phone and offers different versions but doesn't complete the process.

Things I've covered:

1. Made sure there was only 1 copy of the handheld software on the computer.

2. Turned off the "auto power off" on all of the USB hubs and rebooted.

3. Ran loader.exe by itself for the update. Same Results.

4. Turned off my antivirus.

5. Deleted vendor.xml file

6. Tried loading all of the COD's on release with BBSAK onto the blackberry. It's painful since I can only select a few at a time but I can get them on.

7. Wiped the phone every which way as well.

All of this and still no joy. At this point I'm thinking that I'm loading a COD that doesn't play well with my blackberry.

Can someone give me a list of cod's on a working sprint 8350i or an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

tia

Last edited by brokeberry; 05-04-2010 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Just remembered a step i performed
Offline   Reply With Quote