View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
venkman781

Model: n/a
Default Considering the 7130e

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all! I'm a complete Blackberry noob and would like some feedback. I'm currently a Verizon voice subscriber and own a Dell Axim that I use as my PDA. I can't seem to justify carrying around two devices any longer and want to find the best option for my usage. My primary concern is having access to AIM on the go, in addition to my email accounts. I'll need to have a voice plan as well.

Would the 7130e be my best option? I would prefer to stay with Verizon as I have been a customer of theirs for years now. Plus, I like the design of the 7130e as it is more like a phone. Is there a decent, free AIM client available for the 7130e? Overall, would this be a solid choice for someone making the jump into a Blackberry who wants a solid PIM? How about ringtones? I'd like to have choices there as well.

I've read several reviews on cnet, letstalk.com, pcmag, etc. and most signs point to yes, but I thought this would be an exellent place to get feedback from those of you who have the device and use it daily.

Thank you in advance!