Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstone001 View Post
Set-Up. My mind boggles at how BB could fail to include basic instructions for upgrading to a new phone. It took three calls to Verizon to get instructions as simple as "move the SIM card from the old phone to the new one." In fact, when I purchased the phone and on my first trip to a Verizon store, I was told not to switch SIM cards because one of the bonuses of the Tour was that it came with a SIM card and a memory card. The change-over ended up being quite simple, but it's annoying as hell that the manual doesn't include a short section entitled "Upgrading from an older BB." I find this is becoming more common with high-tech products. It's as if by including instructions, the manufacture is admitting that the product isn't simple to use.
If you are using the Tour on Verizon in the US, then the SIM card doesn't matter anyway because CDMA networks don't use them.
Quote:
The switch to a micro usb charger is annoying. Of course, Verizon and BB dont' sell adapters. I've ordered a bunch of adapters on-line at $1 each. I hope they work.
Of course, this is a RIM issue not a Verizon issue. Verizon doesn't manufacture the device. But it's also worth noting the the microUSB connector is becoming the standard across many manufacturers.

Quote:
Why does the clock come up when I plug the phone into a charger? Is there a way to turn this off? My charger is next to my bed, and I don't want a night-light.
You can control this in the clock settings. Go to the Clock. Press Menu. Select Options. Next to "When Charging", select "Do Nothing".
Offline   Reply With Quote