View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 04:08 AM   #8
zChris

Model: 9000
Carrier: Globe Telecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOObydoo
I wouldn't be so quick to doubt this story; a few days ago my wifes Berry (also on T-mo) suddenly lost its own account and started getting email from someone elses Yahoo account. Emails sent from it also looked like they were coming from this persons yahoo account. I'd say something is really wrong at T-mobile...
There could be a number of reasons why this happened. The most likely one would be that someone in the BB support team of your operator made a mistake in the admin page of BIS where your BB PIN was entered in the BIS profile of the person with the Yahoo account. As a result, your Handheld would then be associated with that person's BIS account and not your wife's, which is why she "lost" her own account.

On the first post as to all email on someone's Handheld being copied to another person, its pretty hard to say how something like this could happen. It is possible that the user was playing around with the filters on the Desktop Software to automatically cc or bcc all outgoing email to the 3rd person's email address or, if you are using BES, perhaps your BES Admin was playing around with the policies and made a mistake somewhere. I highly doubt (but I guess its possible) that a relay error occurred. Something like this would be extremely difficult for your operator to troubleshoot.