View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
mind buRn

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

As far as I know, yes it did work alright for him. He said he tried to take the SIM card out and that's when he began having problems. I have checked and the device is not unlocked either. But it does show the AT&T startup and shutdown videos when turned on and off. I'm pretty sure that the phone is not under warranty either. If it was it isn't now because I have taken it apart and looked at the board around the SIM slot with a 25x scope to see if anything is loose or not connected and as far as I can tell it looks to be okay. This may not be the case although as I don't have another model to compare it to and can't find any high res pictures on the internet. I have tried my SIM card in the unit and another and both give the same outcome. He might just have to suck it up as a loss and admit the fact that he now has a $400.00 BlackBerry iPod and media device. I thought about unlocking it for him to see if that helped, but I'm already out the $6.00 I had to pay for the T5 to open the thing up.
Offline   Reply With Quote