View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
mind buRn

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BlackBerry Bold 9000 Insert SIM Card and SOS Signal

Please Login to Remove!

Recently a friend of mine at work asked me if I could "look at" his BlackBerry Bold. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he couldn't get it to recognize his SIM card. The next day he brings it in and I take it home and begin playing around with it. The first thing that I did was to put my working AT&T SIM card into the phone to see if it was simply a bad SIM on his part. This proved to be a no go because I still saw the "Insert SIM Card" at the top and "SOS" where the signal indicator is. I then thought to use the "Desktop Manager" and update the software. Five minutes passed and the phone was updated to v4.6.0.297. I now hold an updated phone with the same issues. I then went to Menu Key > Settings > Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu Key > Wipe Handheld, and cleared the device back to default. After doing this the "SOS" was gone but the "Insert SIM Card" still remained. I then upgraded the software again only to go back to where I began. The odd thing to me although is that if I go to Menu Key > Settings > Options > Mobile Network, it tells me that it's on T-Mobile. This is clearly an AT&T branded phone though.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing all of this or what I might be able to do to fix it? If more details are needed I will be more then happy to provide them. I am somewhat a novice when it comes to the world of BlackBerry so my knowledge is limited, at this point I have done all that I know to do. I do although love the device and plan on getting one myself ASAP.
Offline   Reply With Quote