View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #84
kstrouse
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I'm overseas now and I just did the OTA upgrade. Several days ago, I arrived in Norway and since I entered the country I've been having a terrible time retaining data connectivity. It appeared to connect to data for a few seconds and then drop it for forty-five minutes to an hour. It was stuck on a certain network and I was unable to find or switch networks. These problems were unrelated to Wi-Fi, and the tricks I outlined to stay connected were working only minimally. After leaving the phone overnight, I could see that messages were arriving in batches, maybe three times over a period of eight or nine hours. Testing during the day showed that there were long periods where any data communications were unavailable.
After the upgrade, I went to Mobile Network, and did a network search, which worked immediately for the first time since I've been here. I can see that "2G alone" is finally an option. First I selected a 3G network and still had some problems, so I changed the option to 2G only and it seems to be working right now. It'll be hard to know until I've had a few days of experience with it.
Offline   Reply With Quote