emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Jeff,

Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondodo View Post
How do I zoom in on the storm to look at a particular section of a track?
Show the keyboard and use the [I] and [O] Keys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondodo View Post
Also, the altitude appears as a "negative" on the track - is this normal (also, it seems that on each ride to altitude, some of the altitude info appears to be missing...)
the complete recording is really quite strange!

I spotted several issues - on the 3'rd path (14:59.02) after 11min 51sec there is quite a large shift/jump (location AND altitude) - it really looks like, that your device is getting "off" at a certain point and then after a while it's just click's in (to the correct location) - since you are in the air there can't be any buildings that disturb the GPS signal - might be that the plane electronics confuse the BB? - the second jump is at 17min 41sec [I assume that's the moment when you left the plane] - so everything between 11:51 and 17:42 seams to be shifted by over 2000m... for what ever reason!

Second jump hava similar issue (7:08 - 15:46 seams to be shifted)

Then the most irritating issue - the altitude information in general - it might be a error in my implementation - I'll have to check that in detail at home - but for sure you should have GAINED altitude when you have lifted off... but I do not know, what I could have done wrong here? - the Device pass my code an alt information (in the WGS84 coordinate system) - and I simply store this value 1:1...
Offline   Reply With Quote