View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
Funkdrspot

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeff View Post
While the built-in app is pretty bad, with a little thought it might work for you. What you describe is fairly simple. As I read it, you want to be able to have a laundry list of stuff to do when you get a chance (sort of the high-tech version of the old "honey-do jar") plus you want to set reminders/alarms for a few things.

Both of these can be done with the built-in app. The trick is creating categories that are meaningful and then to use the filter functionality to look at just the category/categories that pertain to the situation (e.g., "home chores").

Now, when I get my Blackberry, the miserable tasks application was something that I simply could not deal with. However, in my case, I manage a half dozen work projects, have family responsibilities, and so forth. I also have need for repeating tasks. So, I looked at a number of applications. None of them were any good. ToDo Matrix seemed overly complex and w-a-y too expensive. However, on the third time I gave it a trial, I fell in love with it. It's not perfect, but the $60 has ended up being well worth it. After calendar and mail, it's my most used tool on my Blackberry.

In fact, I liked it so much, that I ended up also buying IdeaMatrix. This, too, see terribly expensive. But once you start to use it, it works so well that I can't live without it.

I may need to switch away from the Blackberry soon, and these apps are the main reason that I'm having a hard time making the move.

In the end, however, don't pay $60 if all you need is to create a memo that lists "honey-do" type items. That might be good enough.
Thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

I've tried out Pocket Informant recently and found that it does have it's pluses.

Mainly i'm looking for something that is great for daily reminders that I need to do stuff during the day, To-Do lists or shopping lists and to keep track or to remind me of different home or car projects I should be working on.
Offline   Reply With Quote