View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
DrJerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default The Palm Pre

Please Login to Remove!

Let me first start by saying I am the SVP of business development for a large telecom company in Europe and the Middle East. I am a hard core Blackberry fan...having a "ninja bold'...blacked out everything (which I love).
I had a rep come into my office today with the new Palm Pre. he had both the CDMA and 3G GSM versions with him. I got to play around with both for a day.
All I can say is WOW!!! This phone is amazing! The 3G version had a variable speed CPU that runs up to 1Ghz. The screen is the same (480x320) but at 3.1 inches...has more pixel density. The touchscreen is very fast...with no lag. The Linux based software is very fast...I experienced almost NO lag.
The interface is very cool and very intuitive. The slide out keyboard is a bit tight...and has gel like feeling to it. It doesn't have the "click" of the Bold's....but I could type very accurately and quickly with it. I was very surprised at the build quality as well. Very tight and clean.
I think it is going to be a great phone and will compete very closely with Blackberry...specifically with the 8900 and our 9000s.