Old 02-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
Godzilla07
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: Nein
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqstatus05 View Post
Ok first off in a week they are releasing Microsoft Office for the iPhone (Just like Doc To Go)

The iPhone DOES have wifi. I can type faster on my iPhone than a normal person would on a BB. It takes getting used to like any other phone but hey at least my fingers won't get arthritis from pressing those little buttons down. All I have to do is tap the screen. The iPhone is an attention grabber as well. I understand that most people say the iPhone is a fad but it's up to you to make it original. I have mines jailbroken and I'm going to open my iPhone pretty soon and swap out the color and put a gold trim on it instead of the silver. Here's my new back housing that came in the mail!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...y/e74b194c.jpg

iPhone hands down!! You'd have so much fun with it as well unless you'd rather play brickbreaker everytime you were bored.

There are people who love phones and then there are peole that LOVE phones. I'm one of them. There's just so much potential with the iPhone.

I have powerpoint remote apps for when I do presentations in my class. I can just control everything from my iPhone. Docs to Go is coming soon. I already have copy and paste etc. Anway hope you make the right choice.

Oh yeah btw most phones that are calling in with issues in my tech dept are blackberry bolds....
What the hell are you talking about when you mention that a person can get arthritis from using a BlackBerry when you use the keyboard. It doesn't apply to BlackBerrys only. Any device with a keyboard (such as the iPhone) can cause tendonitis because the thumbs aren't used to working with that little space. That argument is null.

I will say that the iPhone excels at web browsing and multmedia. I wish RIM could have a browser and media player that is as good as the iPhone's but that won't happen. But that's what I have an iPod touch for anyways (multimedia.) The web browsing will never be a good selling point unless RIM goes with WebKit. The best browsers use WebKit.

Try this typing test. Type "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." 5 times each. I can do that with my BlackBerry in 39 seconds with no errors. I typed that on my iPod touch which is nearly the same device in 71 seconds. Also, I see more people using their index finger to type on the iPhone. That's because they are afraid of typing with 2 thumbs because they'll make more mistakes.

You can't use the BlackBerry as a remote control for a PowerPoint presentation because of security. But this really doesn't matter. Read here for why.

Copy and paste is only possible with a jailbreak. Running apps in the background is only possible with jailbreak. If you don't want to void your warranty, then you can't do that. You can do all of this on a BlackBerry without voiding your warranty. The BlackBerry can do more out of the box. It just works.

I don't like the iPhone because it doesn't get things done quickly. I have to stop to use the device. I can't do multiple things at once. I can't copy and paste. E-mail sucks compared to BlackBerry e-mail. I can't just simply view the important e-mails and mark things read. Nope, I have to go through every single e-mail.

To the OP, if your main focus is multimedia and web browsing, then go for the iPhone. But if you want to get things done, then go for the Bold.
Offline   Reply With Quote