CMatthews
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: ??????
Carrier: Verizon 9630, 9650, 9550/AT&T 9000, 9700, 9800

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
I realize this is a Blackberry site, and I loved my Curve, but the Bold is an unreliable voice radio device. Just Google "radio path unavailable" and I defy you to find EVEN ONE entry reporting this problem with an iPhone, Blackjack, or even Tilt. It is almost exclusively a BB Bold issue (although some Curve and 8800 users report the problem).

This issue makes the Bold unreliable as a voice device. It repeatedly happened 3-4 times per day - can't call out, no incoming calls, and you aren't notified of voice messages. At the same time you still receive SMS/email but so what - a phone is for making and receiving calls.

So rave on about the quality of corporate email - and stick to the Curve if that is an overriding requirement. I'll be the first to admit the iPhone is not a Blackberry - but at least you can make and receive calls.

I have 2 Bolds in my household, and have had several other Blackberry devices, I haven't had issues with that.

I have seen the "call failed" message a couple of times when dialing, but I was in a area lacking a strong signal, and my iPhone 3G always had the same problem in that area.
Personally I like both phones, there are good and bad things about each. I like the Bold for messaging, and the iPhone more for the media side of things.
Offline   Reply With Quote