View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

You're SOL:

Question: How can I transfer my Garmin Mobile for Blackberry license to a new phone?

Answer:
Garmin Mobile is offered as a one time purchase for your Blackberry. The license applies to the first phone on which the application is activated. If upgrading to a different Blackberry, the license expires and must be re-purchased if continued use is desired.

If a phone is replaced by its carrier because of a malfunction, Garmin can transfer a license to the replacement device. This transfer must occur within the first twelve months of activation and is at Garmin's sole discretion. Garmin allows one transfer of this type for each license. In order to transfer a Garmin Mobile license, please contact technical support.

To find out more about the Garmin User Terms, view the Garmin Mobile for Blackberry EULA.

Last modified on: 12/17/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce-YVR View Post
Looks like a winner... tempted to get it... but got a question!! If I buy it... what if I switched to a different Blackberry a year later?? You see... I bought the Curve in 2007, and after a year, when the Bold came out, I changed to the Bold. So.... when I change to another Blackberry later on... what happens to the Garmin software? I assume its stored in the BB or in the sd card?? so I can transfer to the new BB device?

Thanks

Bruce
Offline   Reply With Quote