MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
This topic is one of those favorite dead horses to metaphorically beat.

My previous slider had a physical qwerty and I was pretty proficient at it. When I switched to the Storm there was a noticeable difference in speed. However with practice and sensitivity adjustments I am where I want to be.

There is no arguing. A proficient SMS texter will be faster on a physical qwerty. However, the difference in speed with a touch qwerty is so insignificant it really is a non-issue. One might be 50+ wpm on a physical qwerty and 40+ on a touch qwerty. So friggin what?!?

Unless you are a super secret agent man who needs to rattle messages at high rates of speed, what does it matter? If that's the case I am sure the spooks in Washington have something much better for you to use.

If this is an issue, stick with your Bold, Curve, etc. The Storm is touch screen and one will encounter a uniquely different experience while manipulating it. But as a Storm owner I can tell you that you will quickly adapt to it.

Overall, you will either love it or be indifferent to a touch keyboard. If you hate it, go back to your physical qwerty.

Nuff said.
i dont know if you do alot of typing on your blackberry as the avg blackberry user but i can say for sure the the avg blackberry user types on his blackberry as much as a desktop or even more. the issue with the storm is not being able to type its the hard not able to keep up with the user. in the two weeks i had mine i was able to adapt but the amount of typing i did and emailing. i would think that if anyone had a large load of work to be done on a blackberry then i would def go with a blackberry with the keys.