View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Kris, I was not under the impression that you worked for RIM. Why would having either of the case numbers be suitable, aside from being a third-party that would do nothing more than cause more conflict where it wasn't needed.

In all honesty, you have one Corey stating that RIM claims the device is a store demo without stickers that was deactivated (standard practice) and another Cory that claims he purchased the device from a Rogers store (assuming in the box from a Rogers sales agent).

As I know that Cory has strong ties to Rogers - both personally and through his former business - I would say that Corey's statements would be correct and I would not assume this device would be reactivated. Of course, I've seen stranger things happen, but paying $400 CAD for a store demo is not a fair deal, especially if it was not disclosed in the original sale.

I would suggest to find one of the more candid RIM technicians on here to have a look at the device PIN history (you'll need to provide them the PIN and IMEI) to see if they can track down exactly what is happening.