View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #66
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...
Carrier: AT&T

I charged it up as soon as I got home from getting mine on the 6th (it was about 8pm) and as soon as it hit 100% I unplugged it and ran the battery till it hit 10% and the icon turned red late sunday night. In that time I had many computer syncs and i upgraded from the stock .167 to .190 and I put it under pretty heavy use, texting, testing emails, checking web sites, testing WiFi, checking out CV, uploading songs to my SD card, playing songs, watching music videos on my SD card, changing wall papers, checking out apps.... you know, the usual... so then I let it charge over night, and unplugged it as soon as I woke up monday morning @7am, and it has been unplugged since. As I am writing this, I have ~60% battery life left. I haven't synced it since sunday, so it hasn't had any "extra" top offs. I use the alarm clock this morning, used my bluetooth yesterday and today, and texting, BBM and AIM through the day yesterday, and of course email (though mine is probably light to moderate compared to most). Sitting at ~60% more then 24 hours after I took it off the charger, I have to say with what I have done in that time, that's still pretty good IMO.

I guess the argument still stand as to whether these new batteries need power cycles or not, but call me old fashioned, I'm still doing it.

EDIT: FWIW, I also have the password lock on, so every time I take it out of the holster or "wake it up" I have to put in my password and I'm in constant 3G coverage. My 8525 would always switch while I was at home beacuse according to AT&T I was between 2 towers and my phone would constantly fight for a signal, but if I was on the road it would hold on to 3G if it was in a good coverage area. My bold holds on very nicely and as of right now I'm pretty pleased with the battery life.

Last edited by Serkle K; 12-10-2008 at 10:35 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote