View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #13
HUGVT

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Lightbulb

hey! finally got somewhere with Verizon!!! When the browser is open, go to Options, General properties and turn off "Enable cursor in column view". Then, once OWA is open change the view on the screen either to page view or column view and then things can be highlighted and selected. Mind you, the cursor disappears and I have to hit refresh from time to time. I can at least access it now, view and hightlight and read stuff. I just can't update or send.

The gentleman at the store also gave me info to update my software, currently I have
v4.3 and I need v4.5. He said this might help and fix some of the issues. If you don't have the instructions to do it here they are below word for word from the flyer he gave me:

Introducing Blackberry 4.5 Software

Whether for business use, personal use or a bit of both, BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 is designed to open up a whole new world of fun and functionality for your BlackBerry Pearl smartphone and BlackBerry Curve smartphone customers!

HTML Email Support
Download, save and edit Microsoft Word and Power Point files on your device
Enhanced support for content saved to your BlackBerry Pearl smartphone.

How can my customers get BlackBerry Device Software v4.5?
Blackberry device Software v4.5 is available for any BlackBerry Pearl smartphone and BlackBerry Curve smartphone customer.
If your customer already has a BlackBerry Pearl smartphone or BlackBerry Curve smartphone, they can upgrade their device software by following these steps:

Step 1
Ensure BlackBerry Desktop Software is loaded on a PC or laptop.
If BlackBerry Desktop Software is not loaded, download using the link vzam.net/blackberry (Desktop Software Tab).
Follow the on-screen instructions to load the software (currently only compatible with a PC)
This should take about 25-30 minutes.

Step 2
Visit vzam.net/blackberry to download BlackBerry Device Software v4.5 (Overview tab)
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Ensure that they are registering under the correct field of"personal email" or "corporate email".
This should take about 25-30 minutes, depending on the amount of content they have stored on their device.
Please ensure that your customer does not unplug their BlackBerry smartphone from their PC until the program prompts them to do so.

Please visit verizonwireless.com/support for any questions relating to updating device software.

Thanks everyone for all your help! should I find out more stuff I'll pass it along. When I get home I will upgrade my phone and see if that helps things along.
Offline   Reply With Quote