View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I don't know if your 7520 will work the same but, I have a 7100t with 4.0.2.49 OS, as well as about 20 other 7100t users in my department. What I have done is send out an email and attach each address to it. It takes a while to do but it works. Just compose an email to all of your users, click the wheel, and select "attach address". Select the first address you want to attach, click the wheel, click "continue." That will attach the address to the email. Do this for each address you want to attach from your address book. The only glitch here might be if you have hundreds of contacts you'd like to send, it could take quite a while. For my users I sent about 50 addresses. When they receive the email have them go to the VERY BOTTOM of the email, click on the first address (it has a little book icon next to the contact name), click on "view attachment", then click, "update address" or "add to address book." If they already have some addresses in their contact list make sure that in the address book options that they have "allow duplicate names" set to "no." They will have to do this for each contact attachment so it takes a few minutes to do this end of it too. This system has worked quite well for me and saved my users a lot of time adding addresses. If anyone's information changes, i just change it in my address book then send a new address attachment out to everyone for that person. We are on a BES but I think it will work through BWC as well as I have sent from BWC to BWC in the past and it goes through ok. Let me know if it works for you.