Old 07-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #451
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthfan0523 View Post
Yeah, it came up under the Application Loader after detecting the availability of the OS software that I downloaded. More specifically, it's under the Summary page of the Application Loader and, underneath this warning, is the very long list of applications that it wants to install starting with the BlackBerry 4.5.0 System Software, BlackBerry 4.5.0 Core Applications, etc.

I ass-u-me that BES is the Enterprise system? And I have no idea what BIS means (again, very new to BB's) . If it helps, this phone is for my personal use and is not tied into my work in any way.

Thanks again!

Jeremy
BIS is Blackberry Internet service, basically the consumer service as opposed to BES which is more for businesses and organizations.

If you're willing to live with any problems that result from the OS upgrade, this warning isn't a reason to stop. Be extremely patient on the upgrade. There's a long series of steps where the phone will turn on and off. It might look like its dead or something at certain points, but don't mess with it until it's done.

I had my phone scare me a couple times with errors and things, so don't panic if something comes up. Plenty of help here. Good luck. This is a very nice upgrade in my opinion.
Offline   Reply With Quote