View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #101
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Safari is a great browser, now question about it. There are third party apps in development that will use WebKit for the BlackBerry. Its going to be a bit before this is released, but it is in the works. As for media, you are absolutely correct. Apple and their iPods are king in that world, and the iPhone is just an extension of that. Medical Apps? Nearly every hospital in the Washington DC/Baltimore area uses BlackBerry's exclusively. They provide the custom apps to their Drs via the BES.

By the way, as of yesterday/today sometime the iPhone was jailbroken, the OS hacked. 4 days or so from release. Security is a concern for individuals much less than businesses. But why, as an IT professional, would I want to deply ANY iPhones in an environment where you need any shred of security? The 9000 will be a HUGE step forward for RIM. Faster processor than the iPhone. Better screen than the iPhone. More memory than the iPhone. Better battery life with push email. Most importantly, the most secure mobile device on the market. Apple will outsell RIM in the consumer market. There is no question in my mind. It will be closer than most people will predict I am sure. But business, Apple will make very little headway there. There just is not enough there for it to sway the IT professionals.
Offline   Reply With Quote