BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Could not start the camera. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=254404)

fantapantsss 10-12-2011 02:27 PM

Could not start the camera.

'Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again'
I've done battery pulls, I've upgraded to the newest system. I've pretty much done everything, I'm starting to think it needs more than just an upgrade or a reboot.

How do I fix it or will I need to go to a shop?

rambo47 10-12-2011 05:04 PM

Re: Could not start the camera.

You might need to reload your software on the handheld: KB15544-"Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone

bkatusich 10-15-2011 04:12 PM

I have a bold 9700 and first my zoom stopped working on both camera and video, and now my camera wont snap a picture.....same: removed battery, rebooted...nothing. no error message either - WTH gives???

rambo47 10-15-2011 08:09 PM

Stubborn camera problems often require reloading the operating system on your BlackBerry.

sonnyobriain 11-17-2011 04:16 PM

Ok same here. somebody told me to put a small piece of something in between the battery and the cover at the top right corner near the camera lens. Yea it sounds like crap but it worked for about 3 hours and then nothing. Ive done everything the thread has mentioned. 100 battery pulls and 4 hail marys and not a damn thing. Ive searched the google for answers but not a single valid response worked. Looks like im giving up on the stupid blackberry and moving over to the new 4S or even wait for the iphone 5. Screw MS BS and say hello to Apple MAC products. Im even throwing out my sucky PC that seems to have the same issues as this stupid BB8-):cry:;-):idea::?:razz::smile::x these are the final steps until healing.

Jvmerror 11-24-2011 04:47 AM

Well, do you get a certain jvm error message when this happens? I'm just curious. I've been researching how to deal with these kinds of errors to be able to better help others. I wonder if you need to re-installed your operating system or something.

Tiesoh 11-26-2011 08:23 PM

Having an error which says" could not start the camera,try closing other applications and try again" don't know hw to go about it could anyone be of help?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

aiharkness 11-27-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiesoh (Post 1756955)
Having an error which says" could not start the camera,try closing other applications and try again" don't know hw to go about it could anyone be of help?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Did you read the thread? You likely will need to try an OS reinstall, and hope that fixes it.

See
KB15544-"Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone