BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   app undate icon on home screen (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=239082)

sun890525 10-31-2010 12:29 AM

app undate icon on home screen

HEY, I have a icon appears on the home screen tells me that I have an app that needs to be updated but when I check the list all the apps are up to date.There is not any app that needs update. I did reboot and pulled the battery out but the icon just never disappear=(

aiharkness 10-31-2010 06:20 AM

I assume we are talking about app world?

It is flakey. If it is bugging you, find the notice in your messages folder, click on it. Either install the app again when app world opens, or back out, and see if the icon has been cleared.

racs 11-01-2010 02:12 AM

Just delete the message in your message folder and your good 2 go.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

sun890525 11-01-2010 05:09 PM

How to? I could not find any message in any folder has that icon..

Calebrity 11-01-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racs (Post 1669823)
Just delete the message in your message folder and your good 2 go.

I think he means Hide it

MidnightDraven 11-01-2010 05:59 PM

No, he means delete it.
There is a message that comes into your MESSAGES folder that states "there is an update for app world/an app in app world" which creates that notification icon.
Deleting that message removes the icon.

racs 11-01-2010 11:18 PM

Correcto mundo.

racs 11-01-2010 11:29 PM

Open Appworld. Go to "My World" and login with your credentials. When you're logged in punch the blackberry key and choose "Refresh List" That should load all the apps that you have Installed, Uninstalled & Unavailble. Then you must see the update for the program and if its uninstalled you have to install it again to get rid of the icon on your home screen. When the icon is gone you can delete the app again.

You did something in a wrong order to get stuck with the update icon. Prob deleted the app in the homescreen and not in appworld. When appworld gave you the update icon and the program asked you te restart the berry. If you did that your bb still thinks you need to update. That's what's happend I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this should help you.

Btw you need to install the newest appworld if you have an old 1.

I hope this helps you.

racs 11-01-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calebrity (Post 1670071)
I think he means Hide it

Did you read his question ;)?

racs 11-01-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightDraven (Post 1670079)
No, he means delete it.
There is a message that comes into your MESSAGES folder that states "there is an update for app world/an app in app world" which creates that notification icon.
Deleting that message removes the icon.

Correct that message should be there. Almost impossible that its not there.

The message should have an black with red icon I think (I could be wrong on a color but its definitely round and black) and is only 1 line big

yosithezet 11-05-2010 06:23 AM

How do I make the App Update app reappear?

Thiego-uk 11-05-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 1671320)
How do I make the App Update app reappear?

be more specific. what u need it for? if u need update a app just log on BBworld and update from your acc page. They only appear if you have a app to update, they will be sent to your "messages" folder so it should be there. To get them out of your screen just click on them on your messages to acknoledge you had seen it. no need to delete anything.

yosithezet 11-05-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thiego-uk (Post 1671339)
be more specific. what u need it for? if u need update a app just log on BBworld and update from your acc page. They only appear if you have a app to update, they will be sent to your "messages" folder so it should be there. To get them out of your screen just click on them on your messages to acknoledge you had seen it. no need to delete anything.

When I was moving from my 9000 to 9700 at some point we had a screen that said there are a number of apps that need to be updated. The IT guy 'cancelled' the screen and it offered to put an icon on the screen. I said yes and it was there. But now I can't find that app.

Thiego-uk 11-05-2010 08:30 AM

Humm... maybe the application had been updated while he was working on your BB. Check on you BBWorld.

Calebrity 11-05-2010 09:18 AM

I was thinking about the OTA update sorry my bad didn't read it correctly

racs 11-08-2010 03:35 AM

@yosithezet if you have the latest appworld go to my world and do "refresh list" if there is an update you will get it. Otherwise you don't need to update. It also could be that the new app isn't loaded on the 9700.

Also this is a wrong treath to ask your question cause "sun890525" opend it with the problem that he could not remove the icon.

@Calebrity No problem it happens with the best ;).

yosithezet 11-08-2010 03:43 AM

AppWorld isn't available in my country. :(

racs 11-08-2010 03:55 AM

Then u can't get that message back. Leave it as it is. Or open every app and do check for update.

When u have an update you will get a message in your messages folder like MidNightDraven said Quote MND: "There is a message that comes into your MESSAGES folder that states "there is an update for app world/an app in app world" which creates that notification icon."

But since appworld isn't availble in your country it would be almost impossible to get that message I think. Otherwise I think the IT-guy deleted that message out of the folder cause he know that appworld isn't availbe in your country.

Open every app and do check for update if you want to update someting.

Could also be that "Thiego-uk" is partly right that the IT-guy did the update for you.